It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
(male)

chanover07 HB User
All my joints have started popping?

Hello. Not sure if I am posting in the corect place. Im 34 and thought I was in good health but now am trying to figure out what might be going on, if I should go to the doctor, and if so what type. About 1 month ago, right above and to right of the top of my right knee, it felt numb and tingly (like asleep a little). I looked into and thought maybe it was a pinched nerve from having just started a new job that required a lot of bending and moving things (store stock crew).

Since then this has completely gone away but now in the last three weeks, all my joints have started to pop. Both shoulders, both knees, and ankles. Ususally there is no pain, and if it were only one joint I wouldnt be concerned. But all of them??? Never had this issue before. Both of my shoulders now pop when I rotate them forward and sometimes when I lift up my arm. No pain though. My knees pop if I fully bend them and both at the same place. If I do a complete squat, there is a small amount of pain and clicking only upon rising. Walking, running, and jumping usually cause no pain or pops. And my ankles are now popping from walking or twisting.

What the heck? Do I go to an orthopedist? I cant from anything I see, see any swelling, redness, numbness, etc, but something is going on since this has all happened in about three weeks. Does someone have come ideas, suggestions etc. Ibuprofen doesnt seem to help since there is genreally no pain or swelling. Ive been taking glucosamine supps for about a week to see what that does but no luck. Tring to understand what could be affecting all these joints. I really dont have any numbness, morning stiffness or anything else.

Thanks, Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
(male)

chanover07 HB User
Re: All my joints have started popping?

I also forgot to add and am not usre if it makes a difference, but I have also had a bad time in getting rid of a presistent chest cold like cough with some mucus. Have had this a little over 6 weeks now. Could the chest cold and joint stuff be related?

Old 02-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

libloom HB User

Chris....

A lot of the popping sensations may be due to you giving lots of muscles a strenuous workout on your new job. That feeling or sound is usually muscles/ligaments "snapping" as you rotate against the joint (s). Is all of this lifting, squatting and rotating new for you?

Watch for pain, swelling, etc. In the meantime, try exercising and strengthening those muscles that seem affected. Obviously, if things worsen, always consult a doctor.

Good luck,
Linda

Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
(male)

C4RL HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanover07 View Post
Hello. Not sure if I am posting in the corect place. Im 34 and thought I was in good health but now am trying to figure out what might be going on, if I should go to the doctor, and if so what type. About 1 month ago, right above and to right of the top of my right knee, it felt numb and tingly (like asleep a little). I looked into and thought maybe it was a pinched nerve from having just started a new job that required a lot of bending and moving things (store stock crew).

Since then this has completely gone away but now in the last three weeks, all my joints have started to pop. Both shoulders, both knees, and ankles. Ususally there is no pain, and if it were only one joint I wouldnt be concerned. But all of them??? Never had this issue before. Both of my shoulders now pop when I rotate them forward and sometimes when I lift up my arm. No pain though. My knees pop if I fully bend them and both at the same place. If I do a complete squat, there is a small amount of pain and clicking only upon rising. Walking, running, and jumping usually cause no pain or pops. And my ankles are now popping from walking or twisting.

What the heck? Do I go to an orthopedist? I cant from anything I see, see any swelling, redness, numbness, etc, but something is going on since this has all happened in about three weeks. Does someone have come ideas, suggestions etc. Ibuprofen doesnt seem to help since there is genreally no pain or swelling. Ive been taking glucosamine supps for about a week to see what that does but no luck. Tring to understand what could be affecting all these joints. I really dont have any numbness, morning stiffness or anything else.

Thanks, Chris
This is a long shot i know as the post is so old, but if you still read these boards could you write back and let us know if you ever resolved this issue?

Thanks, Carl.

Reply Reply