It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
(male)

nmlb HB User
Knee pain just from standing

I worked in a physical job for a couple of years and about 1.5 years into it i started getting very bad knees(i have since left that job 5 years ago cause my knees couldn't take it). At that job i was basically continuously picking up about 50-70 pounds all day long, and i was picking them up properly by squatting and using my legs and this eventually started killing my knees. I have a job now where i am on my feet for only about 2 hours per day. But after only about 20 minutes of standing still, the patellar tendon in both of my knees turns red and makes its very painful for me to keep standing. If i put my hand on my knee while sitting, and then move my feet around i can feel grinding in the knees. Is it just tendonitis? How can i help the problem? I don't understand why it flares up just from standing and walking, not doing anything strenuous.. I am only 25 and am not overweight or anything, i have never done anything to injure either knee.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
(female)

lthomas HB User
Re: Knee pain just from standing

I know knees are tricky. There might be something or not..who knows?

I would suggest trying to schedule an appointment with an OS who specializes in sports medicine because they are trained in areas that include sprains and tears of ligament and muscles as well as bone problems.

Gymnastics is fun at 18 but not at 40.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
(male)

qbsmik HB User

It sounds like what I have, the grinding in your knee is the wear of the cartilage the knee cap most people have it to some degree I have read but not all get pain from it. Honestly, I have seen Surgeons there is not a lot that can be done in the early stages of grade 1 and 2 wear. When you get to grade 3 or 4 then they can do knee replacement. In the mean time “fix for this” it come down to management of the pain lose weight if you need to and strengthen you mussels, in the pool is good. I take pain control Panadol Osteo, and as the my knee cap do not track or that well I tape them and that has help stop the pain from that area a lot but not all, I also get burning pain along the line of the knee joint and that is just plain arthritis.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
(male)

qbsmik HB User

It sounds like what I have, the grinding in your knee is the wear of the cartilage the knee cap most people have it to some degree I have read but not all get pain from it. Honestly, I have seen Surgeons there is not a lot that can be done in the early stages of grade 1 and 2 wear. When you get to grade 3 or 4 then they can do knee replacement. In the mean time “fix for this” it come down to management of the pain lose weight if you need to and strengthen you mussels, in the pool is good. I take pain control Panadol Osteo, and as the my knee cap do not track or that well I tape them and that has help stop the pain from that area a lot but not all, I also get burning pain along the line of the knee joint and that is just plain arthritis.

Reply Reply