It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
(male)

kyle333062 HB User
Inflammation in knee

I have had pain on the right side of my left knee for 4 months now. The pain is dull and is worse when I am going up and down stairs and after waking up. I went to the doctor and the x-rays were negative and the MRI showed inflammation in the knee. I do not want to go to the doctor again for him to tell me that there is nothing that they can do. So does anyone know what this is and is it worth going back for?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

lthomas HB User
Re: Inflammation in knee

MRI show soft tissue problems. I have had several and they never tell the whole story. A CT problems will show bone. Even with both I have still had damage that didn't show until they did an arthroscopy. I guess it depends on how much pain you are having. You might want to check with a sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon.

Gymnastics is fun at 18 but not at 40.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle333062 View Post
I have had pain on the right side of my left knee for 4 months now. The pain is dull and is worse when I am going up and down stairs and after waking up. I went to the doctor and the x-rays were negative and the MRI showed inflammation in the knee. I do not want to go to the doctor again for him to tell me that there is nothing that they can do. So does anyone know what this is and is it worth going back for?
My right knee has been bothering me on and off for a few years. I finally had an MRI a few years back. Doc told me that I have arthritis of the knee cap and while there was a bit of fluid, no, I did not want to have it drained or a shot of cortisone.
2 months ago, severe right knee pain-Go emergency into the orthopods office where it gets drained-procedure was easier that the '10' pain of the knee.
I slowly recovered and actually had almost no pain recently until 4 a.m. this morning. I weeded and squat while weeding as my knee didn't hurt. Ended up 5 hours in the local ER as it is a holiday and had it drained once more.
I may be looking at a partial relacement now. Have to call ortho doc as soon as the holiday is over.
AARRGGHHH!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Inflammation in knee

Kyle

Your symptoms are similar to Arthritis. I agree with the others, it would be a good idea to see an orthopedic surgeon and have it checked out.

Take care, Nadine

Old 07-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
(female)

leeann123456 HB User

well i might not have answers, but i do suggest if you cant find the answers you need, dont be discouraged from one doctor.
i've had knee pain for 4 years, at the age 17! Its caused me sooo much trouble and pain! I was stopping my life for it!
So i finally got into a surgeon he didnt care, or listen to me. it seemed like he didnt believe me. So he sent me to physio BUt that made it worse!
SO in the mean time i decided to take it into my own hands and saw another ortho.
Well right away he spotted something that could be causing my problem. ANd just from looking at my knees could tell it was something gentic. So after i saw him booked for surgery and hear i am now a month post-op and let me tell you a whole lot better!!
Sometimes it pays to push and push. Its your life and you have to put up with the pain and suffering!
Dont let them discourage you! Sometimes you have to stick up for yourself because they dont know what your going through they can only figure and they might not always be right!

GOOD LUCK you deserve some answers to get some relief!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
(female)

tiredbeinsick HB Usertiredbeinsick HB Usertiredbeinsick HB Usertiredbeinsick HB Usertiredbeinsick HB Usertiredbeinsick HB User

I had knee replacement on my left knee in Jan With great result.
I woke up 8 weeks ago to the most excruciating pain and swelling in my right knee. I did not know how I was living from moment to moment, I went to 8 Doctors in 2 Weeks---- twice to ortho 4 times family Dr. 2 times emergency room
nerve testing and blood clot testing. Long story short every where I went they insisted it was my knee, no one took an e-xray or beleived me when I said it was not my knee. Ortho refused to drain fluid he said it would be back tomorrow. Any way I was so hysterical they put me in for emergency Knee replacement. When he opened my knee up found a grapefruit size staff infection. So I did not have a knee replacement and have been on IV Antibiotics for 4 weeks , Most likely caused as result of a cortisone shot 6 days before pain began.............So I had surgery for nothing. Fight for proper care. I tried but no one would listen. I could write a book!!!

Closed Thread