It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

jiddyoo60 HB User
where can I have shoes made for uneven leg length

Old 07-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
(male)

HipsterDoofus HB User
Re: where can I have shoes made for uneven leg length

You want the Resole Center Shoe Repair Services. They will resole shoes for leg or limb length discrepancies. That's what uneven leg length is called. the Resole Center is an authorized repair service for Rockport Shoes. The repairs and resoling are done with original material provided by Rockport Shoes. If you have a leg or limb length discrepancy, you may want to wear Rockport Shoes.

Or, try to find an old fashioned shoe repair shop in your area and ask if they can resole your shoes. They will replace the sole with a thicker one or add an insert between the sole and the upper. You will have to have shoes that are sewn, not molded. For example, sneakers and running shoes are molded in one piece. most modern shoes are made this way. They cannot be taken apart for inserts or resoling.

Last edited by HipsterDoofus; 07-05-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

i believe that here in england, you can be referred through your gp. when i worked with youngsters with special needs many of them wore custom made shoes for various reasons. may be worth a chat with your doctor in the first instance.
sue

Old 07-07-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
(female)

lthomas HB User

You may be able to use custom orthodics if there is only a small difference. I had them made at a store that fits you for braces etc. You do have to have a prescription and your insurance may not cover them. They are nice because you can slip them in or out of any shoe.

Gymnastics is fun at 18 but not at 40.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
(female)

wolfbard HB User

My ex had a two inch difference from one leg to the other. She had her left shoe built up at an orthodics clinic. Her's weren't covered by her insurance (they argued that they were cosmetic!!). It got costly because of the work she did she would go through about 3 sets of shoes a year. Here in Canada though we found out that because it was a medical condition and she had prescriptions for the lifts she was able to claim it each year on her income tax. Its not much but it helps a bit.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
(female)

pret51 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiddyoo60 View Post
It is so good to hear from others that have this condition. I've had a short leg all my life and have ignored it till now. Due to pain in knee and ankles, have had to start wearing raised heel on one leg. I've only 2 pairs of shoes so far and i am desperate to get more made. Please share what information you have found. I find the NHS useless and am willing to pay anyone that can help. I too am in uk. Have you contacted shoe manufacturers yet? If not, something I was thinking of. Contact me and we can share thoughts and frustrations.

Closed Thread