It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
How long does swelling last after THR?

Several days after surgery I got swelling in my operated leg. Went to the doctors last week and all was well, swelling is in normal range and actually does seem to be going down slightly day by day.Tomorrow it will be 21 days post surgery and I've been cleared to go back to work at 42 days (6 weeks) and am wondering if swelling will go down enough to wear work clothes (generally we dress casually at my office and I can wear dress slacks). I'm already pretty sick of the baggy shorts I'm wearing now, though they are comfy and go so nicely with the TED hose I have to wear for two more weeks.

Anyway, seriously, what experiences does anyone have with swelling after surgery?

Thanks.

Maggie

Closed Thread