It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
(female)

dwoaks HB User
Question Mensicus repair vs remove. Spooky Tails from a bum knee :wave:

The jist:
Me: 27 y/o female, VERY athletic, teacher = stands most of day.

My knee history:
L ACL torn - good 'ol rugby - repaired(patellar graft) 2000
R ACL torn - return to good 'ol rugby- repaired (patellar graft) 2001
L ACL retorn??? - ice climbing - NOT repaired 2002

Jump forward to hiking/bouldering in Grand Canyon this summer. Place left knee in odd angle, feel a 'popping' and sticking sensation where knee feels like 'dislocation'. Goes back into place and I continue on my merry way. Two weeks later does same thing again when get this: STANDING UP??? Yikes! Go back to best knee guy around, MRI says L ACL is NOT torn (yet 6 years ago it was???) and now both mensicus are torn. Doc suggested removal. Also have this odd problem where the hamstring tendon on lateral (inside of L leg) (big tendon in back of leg) pops like a rubberband when fully extended. So much so you can actually see it very much (cool party trick?). Please keep in mind that I am EXTREMELY athletic, road bike about 100 miles a week if can. I have no intention AT ALL of slowing down but will devote 120% to rehab and PT if it will work. So now you have the background. Looking for input on the following:

1. Removal vs. not of mensicus....have you had yours out? Good/bad??
2. What in the heck could the tendon thingy be? (doc was not much help and am waiting to get into Rush in Chicago)

THANK YOU

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread