It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

Skimmy625 HB User
Question side of kneecap warm on surface w/pain

Has anyone ever had the feeling that there kneecap is warm to the touch? (actually a little to the left side of my kneecap on my left knee) Possibly a meniscus issue or bursitis? I noticed it about a week ago. I have had recurrent knee problems so this is making me nervous. Here's my story...

I am a 28yo female and I have had a couple of arthroscopic knee surgeries on my left knee - first 12/05 for a torn plica & to smooth cartilage - second 12/07 for pain/scar tissue. My knee is worse since the second surgery, generally stiff and a little painful most of the time. In July I noticed it get worse while playing softball. It will lock up frequently or else it feels like it will give out on me. I always have pain/stiffness especially behind the knee..can't even bend my knee for more than a few minutes. It also cracks all of the time.

On a side note, I also had a tick bite about 6 weeks ago behind the same knee, which my doctor thinks might be Lyme Disease. I am currently on antibiotics for it. I don't know if the warm feeling could be related to the lyme or to my knee problems.

I am thinking I need to get it checked out with my same orthopedic surgeon...but I am so done with surgery. Too young for all of these problems

Any ideas??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: side of kneecap warm on surface w/pain

I would suggest you see your orthopedic surgery. I have had a ton of knee surgery (mostly arthroscopic) adn the ONE thing I've learned is that it's better to intervene and get the problem fixed (even if by surgery) as it seems the longer you let it go on without treatment the more pain and damage there can be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #3
(female)

Skimmy625 HB User
Re: side of kneecap warm on surface w/pain

Thats what I was thinking...

I believe that I know my own body well enough to know when something is wrong. And I just know that it just doesn't feel right. But also I am a bit overweight, so I know if I am able to lose some weight that will also help my knee issues. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to get to the doctor and have an MRI done.

Closed Thread