It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #1
(male)

colml1 HB User
how long will i be off work after a knee scope

how long will i be off work after a knee scope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
(male)

gib HB User
Re: how long will i be off work after a knee scope

What kind of job do you have? What kind of injury did you sustain? The surgery shouldn't add any time off above what your injury has already done. I had outpatient surgery for one day, was in and out of the hospital in less then 4 hours. Had a follow up the next day with my orthopedic surgeon so he could inspect his work (check the incisions) and went back to work after the appointment for the afternoon. I have a desk job though...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 06:27 AM   #3
(female)

lthomas HB User

I have always had out patient on Friday and back to work on Monday. It has always hurt like hell the first day. You won't believe how fast you will recover.

Gymnastics is fun at 18 but not at 40.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Depends on what type of job you have (sedentary, light, medium, heavy or very heavy) and what the surgery is for. There are a variety of things they can do on the knee via arthroscopy.

I'm a veteran of arthroscopy (one every 2 years or so to keep my knee functioning well and I'm only 42). The last time I had a meniscus repair, small muscle repair, and microfracture procedure. I had it on a Friday and was on my work laptop later that day (though I now know that was a mistake - I was looped up). I worked at home the followign week and then was back in the office. So I was "out" of the office 6 business days. My job is light to medium - but since I could avoid physical stuff and make my own schedule it was relatively easy to get back to work.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

As others have posted it really just depends on your job, your stamina, and the type of procedure you're having done. I've had 10 knee surgeries, all different kinds and been out anywhere from a long weekend to a week and a half with the first 9 which were arthroscopies. And this last one, which I just had 2 weeks ago and was a reconstruction/tibial ostiotomy which is major open knee surgery, I'll be going back to work at the end of 4 weeks. I'm in Finance and Stock Analysis, so I can sit at my desk and not have to put any stress on my knee. I'll only be working pt from the office the first 3 weeks back and part time from home.

The best thing to do is just ask your doc, what the general recoup. time is for whatever the procedure is that he's doing and what does he reccomend you take off.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #6
(male)

freshy13 HB User

i had a scope and was off work for 3 months! i originally thought i would be back with in a couple wks MAX. im a carpenter though and i had a oestchordnal fracture + hole in my cartlidge.

Closed Thread