It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
(female)

Skimmy625 HB User
Unhappy Dr appt today..PLEASE no more surgery!

I am going for an appt with my orthopedic dr today regarding my left knee. For a quick history...all on the same knee...I had a scope done 12/05 to remove a torn plica (pain around kneecap) and then a second scope in 12/07 to smooth cartilage and clear out some scar tissue (also pain around kneecap).

I started playing softball in April of this year. Not hardcore, just a rec league..so no slidng or anything. I was fine all season, except for a few pulled quads/hamis. Then in August I started having horrible pain and swelling behind the knee and into the top of the calf. I iced it alot and took advil, and the swelling went down, but pain has remained the same.

Now I still have pain behind the knee & a little to the outside of the knee. It is pretty bad. I can't bend my knee for more than like 10 minutes sitting down, and if I do I can't straighten my leg without terrible pain, and generally have to hobble around with my leg slightly bent for an hour or so. I have also had warmth around the kneecap.

So I said that this is just ridiculous...and I broke down and made an appt with my dr. I know he will send me for another MRI...just hoping I won't need more surgery. I am only 28 and way too young for all of this.

Oh, and on a side note...I also got a tick bite behind the same knee and contracted Lyme Disease, so I am dealing with that too. But the knee problems, even the recent flare-up, pre-date the Lyme.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
(female)

Skimmy625 HB User
Re: Dr appt today..PLEASE no more surgery!

So I am going for an MRI tomorrow...we'll see what the result of that is.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
(female)

reyez HB User

Good Luck.. I hope you dont have to have surgery.. I am sorry that you have had to go through all of that.. Today was my first MRI & first time dealing with knee issues.. I cant imagine dealing with it as much as you have.. Hope you get good news back.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
(female)

Skimmy625 HB User

Thank you for your kind words! I hope its just a simple thing, such as needing PT instead of surgery. But who knows. Its very frustrating.

Closed Thread