It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
(female)

Rutter HB User
totol knee replacement surgery (epideral ) back pain

I am having severe back pain after I had total knee replacement surgery . I had a spinal freezing . The pain is radiating into my abdomin right side , rt. knee was replaced . The pain in my back is interfering with my therapy .
I am taking a good pain pill on a 4 hour shedule .
I am concerned about nerve damage from the replacement and would like to have some advise or suggestions on how to manage this pain in my back .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: totol knee replacement surgery (epideral ) back pain

Have you spoken with your knee surgeon? Let him/her know what you are experiencing and that perhaps you need to see a neurolgist or neurosurgeon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
(female)

Rutter HB User

thank you for your reply . I have ask the home care nurse to report my concern to the doctor who did the surgery . There could be a possibility of some muscle damage in or around the hip ,brought on by the surgery .

Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Is it normal for the home nurse to talk to you doctor for you, or should you contact him directly?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
(female)

Rutter HB User

`Thanks for your reply . In our area .. Ontario Canada , we can contact the doctor our selves but if we want quick response the back up from the home nurse helps to get things moving faster . In order to get consultation regarding the back or therapy we have to have a doctors referal , otherwise it is just the knee that they will continue to look at . I would have to get another referal for even this surgeon to look into my back problem . It is the way our health care operates .
I am having a massage therapist come to the house tomorrow and hopefully she may be able to relieve the pain . The pain is very bad tonight , bring me too tears . The pain med. took over an hour to kick in . Always open to suggestions ....

Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Well that definitely is different way than how we do here in the states. Good luck in your recovery.

Closed Thread