It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

jojokdz HB User
what is this pain?

I have had hip pain for years. My right hip is sore to touch and lower, upper back too is tender to touch. Now it feels weird when I walk, like its real heavy over there, and I get a pinching sensation/pain that runs down my inner thigh into my groin. Has anyone else had this happen? When I get the upper back pain, it radiates around into my front too... yikes.. I am going to a chiropractor on Monday, or should I see a Ortho doctor?

Jo

Old 09-25-2008, 05:03 AM   #2
(female)

lthomas HB User
Re: what is this pain?

Most of the time the OS will tell you if it is in your back it is probably muscle, ligament...something involving the spine, not your joints/bones.

Gymnastics is fun at 18 but not at 40.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
(female)

oscarsmum HB User

Hi Jo

Have you been diagnosed with specific hip problems in the past?
I would see what chiropractor says on Monday, unless you have access to a sports physio, they are pretty good at diagnosing hip problems.
Kate

Old 09-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #4
(female)

jojokdz HB User

Thanks for the quick response. No actually my hips really started giving me problems maybe the last few years. Here;s the thing.. I am not 100% sure but I took 3 nasty falls. One was 7 yrs back. The other was 2 yrs. back and just last year I fell on ice outside my house, which I ended up crawling to my stairs to get myself up. I can't imagine this not doing some damage here to my body. My shoulder hurts, my knees hurt, but most of all my right hip, upper and lower back, and again this *****ly/pinching feeling that runs down into my groin. I am seeing a chiro on Monday and I will see what he has to say. But I will keep in mind about the Sports doctor... I just need to know why this is so painful!?! Thanks again

Old 09-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
(female)

jojokdz HB User

Thanks for the response. I do have a herniated disk in my back. From time to time I have this onset where I can even straighten up right to walk. It grabs me and it takes up to a week to settle down. This has been this way for 10 yrs. But the hip pain just started a few years back. And as I said I did fall down 3x and I really think it may be from that. I dont know? But I need to find out soon cause I am on a school bus with children all day, wheel chairs, and its up and down.. by the time I get home I am a mess!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Make sure to get xrays. Hip pain can, in actuality, be back pain (sciatica). When I was first diagnosed with my low back problem (spondylolysthesis) years ago I had gone to the doctor with what I thought was hip pain.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:27 AM   #7
(female)

oscarsmum HB User

Good luck with the appointment on Monday.
The pinching in your groin could be a labral tear, which can be seen with an MRI with contrast, but it does sound like it could be connected to your back, or maybe more than one problem.
One more thought, if you have pain in several joints, have you been tested for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Let us know
Kate

Closed Thread