It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

jolijuli23 HB User
Hip Pain that won't go away

I'll start with the fact that I'm a 23 year old female, and from 2000-2002, I was on the rowing team at my university. Ever since then I have had problems with mostly my left hip (occasionally my right one will hurt as well, but the left is by far the worst).

It started with pain just when I exercised for too long, then the popping joints started, then the hip started grinding when I moved into certain positions. The hip now is pretty painful. It feels extremely deep like the bone is what is hurting, not the muscles.

I've done physical therapy twice since it started and am doing it again, but I've never seen much improvement at all. It is actually hurting worse now than ever before.

Kaiser Permanente sent me to a Physical Medicine doctor, whatever that is?, who was extremely rude to me and refused to give me an MRI but agreed to an xray. Two weeks later and I can't seem to get the results for my xrays but I need to do something to make the pain lessen.

The physical medicine doctor says I have bursitis of the IT Band, but the pain is deep down in my joint, so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why would he not give me an MRI if he thought the problem was muscular?

His only recommendation is a cortisone shot, which I am hesitant to do. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should do? My physical therapist thought it was a labral tear, but the Physical medicone doctor immediately poo-poo'd that idea. Any other guesses or suggested treatment?
Should I try and see an orthopedics doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Hip Pain that won't go away

I would definitely go to an Orthpedist and get a second opinion. I have bursitis in my left hip, and it's very painful, and yes I did have to have a cortisone injections, but not like you're describing.

Good Luck and let us know what the ortho doc says.

Closed Thread