It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

enchantedfairy HB User
Chondromalcia

My husband dislocated his knee in July had surgery to remove a loose body less then a month later. His knee has never returned to normal. He is in constant pain and walks with a limp. Since the weather has gotten cold the pain has became even worse and in the last few weeks his knee has began to crack and pop when walking. Our first doctor says that it could take up to two more surgeries to get the knee back to close to normal. He believes that post tramatic arthritis has set in and that is causing all the problem. We have a hard time believeing that it is that condition because we feel that it is too soon after the injury. We went to a new doctor today she believes that it is chrondromalcia. She says that no surgery should be needed and that millions of people live with this condition everyday and that there is ways to manage it even though it is a very painful condition. I was hoping someone has had experience with these conditions and could give us some insight into what could be going on. We went to this new doctor for some answers and walked away with more questions.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Leah

Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
(female)

IWillSurvive HB UserIWillSurvive HB UserIWillSurvive HB User
Re: Chondromalcia

An MRI will define whether it is chondromalacia and what stage it is. If the rest of his knee is fine, he can get some relief with a brace especially for chondromalacia that tends to secure the knee cap in position on the track which reduces a lot of the pain of walking. Any loose body tissue or debris that gets caught up in the mechanism will hurt until it is either removed surgically or on its own floating out from under the kneecap. I had the condition for about 20 years with flareups off and on, my brace always came in handy, called a chopat. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread