It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

lucybooz HB User
hip problems connected to back problems?????

i will finally have my orthopedic appointment next friday. i've been told by a doctor i saw for my back that i probably need a hip replacement (from the x-rays he took). i decided to go back to the doctor who did my rotator surgery 2 years ago and my appointment will be next friday.

my question is this: can hip problems be related to back problems or vice/versa? i ask this because i do have chronic back problems, but the past several weeks i'm noticing extreme weakness in my lower back. sometimes there seems to be a tingling/numbness in the right leg as well. this is the side of the hip problem. sometimes it feels so weak and tired that i have to just stop and lean over or sit down and then go on. i'm a server (waitress) and although i only work 3 days/week, it is extremely uncomfortable.

i was just wondering if the 2 can be connected.

i've read that hip replacement can indeed help back problems. i'm so hoping that if i do need the surgery that this will be the case.

thanks in advance, lucy

Old 11-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #2
(female)

meghan3216 HB User
Re: hip problems connected to back problems?????

I don't know about your case, but in my case my hip displaysia was thought to be the cause (or partial cause) of my scoliosis. It makes sense, right? It is all connected. If you walk funny your back will be moving funny and vice versa. That doesn't mean yours is definitely related, but you know the song!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply