It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kimpossible67 HB User
Bewildering knee problem

Hello. I had arthro surgery in 05 for a plica band repair. Afterwords, my knee atrophied and I could not straighten it out nor lock the knee back in place and the pain was excruciating! It took a month of PT before the surgeon gave me a cortizone shot. That worked. Now I'm finding I awaken in the middle of the night with bad knee pain. Not only knee pain but the back of my knee, then it can move up into my thigh and then down into my foot. It feels like the muscles are shortening and/or cramping. I awaken at night and my leg is drawn up, I can not, without some effort, get my leg to lay down so that it matches the length of my other leg, make sense? My question, I guess, is a bad knee, does it hurt all day every day? Day and night, no matter what? Mine can be fine for a few weeks, months, etc.........than BAM, it hurts for several weeks at a time and then is gone again. No injuries, no reason for it to do this out of the blue. I would really appreciate some insight as to if this sounds like normal bad knee stuff. btw, I'm in my early 40's.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
(male)

WALLEYE HB User
Re: Bewildering knee problem

I dont have an answer. but i went in for arthoscopic surgery for meniscus repair. they found the plica syndrome and removed it. since then i get numbness and pain from knee up to thigh, the docter said its back related but i can pinpoint the pains starts from where they removed the plica and shoots up to thigh. i had my surgery back in may. the docs are no help at all they keep giving me the run around i can hardly run. the pain is almost as bad as it was when i went in for the surgery.
i still do my exercises plus use a exercise bike nothing is helping me right know. my leg in the morning needs time to get going.

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-21-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread