It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

jinksy HB User
Hip bursitis

hi...just joined....getting used to how things work here....

my son is 14 and now been diagnosed as having bursitus...in the right hip with "I.T.B.BAND SYNDROME"(AS NOW THEY SAY THIS DOESNT EXISIST??)
hes now having physio/hydrotherapy....and now awaiting for M.R.I scan soon..his daily diet of clock watching of painkillers and anti-inflamitory pills....
i think his bones are growing sooo fast that his tendons etc arent growing at the same rate...and causing friction to local area(he doesnt over do any thing in the repetative gym to cause problems) so this isnt the issue...as it came on all of a sudden without warning!!! poor lad...in so much pain...
so now hes on bedrest and crutches....

but the people in the hospital are really good, there very caring...thanks for now and always
..mum

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-21-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
(female)

ChickyChat HB User
Re: Hip Bursitus

I've had bursitis in both hips for around two years. I lost over 100 pounds 6 years ago and became very active and my hips didn't approve! In the last four years I've had 15 cortisone shots in each hip and I put my foot down and told my Dr I needed to have something done. My Doc asked who my insurance company was and I said Anthem, then he said he wouldn't do surgery on my hips.
I called another doctor the very next day and at that first appointment he scheduled surgery for a bursectomy with IT band lengthening. My surgery was three days ago and one day after surgery my hip felt better than when I went into the surgery center. Today, three days post op I'm going to the grocery store. I'm scheduled for the second hip to be operated on in 6 weeks. Now I plan to join the gym and go religiously to keep the IT bands from shrinking up again. I'll let you know more about recovery as time goes on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
(female)

tkaj4four HB User
Re: Hip bursitis

Hi,
I am new at this . I have had bursitis in my right hip since I was 13. I am 36 yrs. now. Every time the cold season hits I hurt so bad that I have to bite something, the pain gets unbearable. I am out of work for at least 3 months during the winter.....I hate this and all the Dr.'s want to do is give me major pain killers. I have 2 yound children. Any suggestions? Thank You!!!

Tonya

Closed Thread