It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
(male)

jeffgo255 HB User
3rd Hip surgery- 16 months/screws touch THR

I will be brief.

I had my hip replaced December of 07. I am 38 years old and this was a painful decision but fairly active and decided the pain had gotten so severe I would go through with a THR. I was and am fairly active.

So before they could do a THR they had to remove some screws that had been in my femur for 20 years (car wreck at young age hence Hip problems). while doing the surgery they had to burrow to get screws out and put a plate in with some screws. I had a THR 3 months later. I started having wierd thigh and groin pain around June of 08, at first they thought infection and I had lots of tests, bone scans, stc. The Bone scan came back hot so they then thought it was loose even though the MRI came back negative. during this time the pain got severe and was the worst I have ever expereinced and rendered me to no activity.

My question and would love a response.

I asked repeatedly about the screws and if the hip stem would slide by the screws and the doctor thought they would not be an issue. I had a surgery 10 days ago and was under the impresision it would be a revision, now the dcotor is saying the screws were touching the stem of the THR and acting like a battery and causing the pai and it was not loose....so he took out plate and screws.

anyone?

Closed Thread