It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

merry57 HB User
feet numb

it is one month since both knees were replaced and my knees are healing and not causing my problem. the problem is that both feet are painful and numb. the pain is worse near the end of the day with some stabing pains but mostly dull constant pain. it is difficult and very painful to walk. doctors aren't helpful and don't seem concerned but i am. help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
(female)

lthomas HB User
Re: feet numb

I didn't have pain or numbness outside the knee area. I would see if the OS thought ice and elevation might help. Ask your PTwhat he thinks and tell your OS what the PT says.

Gymnastics is fun at 18 but not at 40.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
(female)

merry57 HB User
Re: feet numb

OS aware of it. Have been presecribed medication that "heals nerve issues"> There has been some improvement, but feet become uncomfortable after sitting in a chair with feet down for half an hour or so. Left message with OS two days ago. No reply. Feet are very cold, so I use heat and elevtion which helps, but does not cure. PT says keep trying with OS. Very discouraging. This happened immediately after surgery and I endedup staying inthe hospital/rehab 13 days because I could not stand for 3 days. My impression is that physician keeps hoping it will resolve itself...but when?

Thank you for your concern and reply!!!

Closed Thread