It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

elvenkayt HB User
Question Piriformis Syndrome and/or Sacroiliitis

Hello everyone,
I'm a 29 years old former military gal who's searching for a cure. 2 1/2 years ago, I was running a pretty tough PT program, when I began to get an annoying pain in my butt. This annoying pain would not stop, even though I rested, iced and heated it at various intervals and swallowed more advil than my stomach wanted. I did x-rays and MRIs and the docs diagnosed me with Piriformis Syndrome and Sacroiliitis since they couldn't find anything else wrong and those two were the closest match . I eventually ended up doing over a year of physical therapy, which focused on core and leg strengthening. While I got pretty flexible and a strong core, the pain only increased. I also did two steroid injections that hurt so bad I couldn't go through with another. Because I didn't get well after all this effort and only continued to deteriorate, I got separated from the Navy.
I just can't believe that there isn't someone somewhere who can fix this, preferably without surgery. About the only thing I can do right now is some gentle water exercise. I've tried to work on the stationary bike so I can lose some of the weight I've gained, but it irritates everything too much. So does the strider machine. But so does everything. Even sitting down to write this post.

I am hoping to find a good bodyworker, but that won't help me figure out just what the heck is wrong with my butt.

So, does anyone know someone in the Pittsburgh area that can fix this or at least get a proper diagnosis? I would think that someone at the college medical center (UPMC). I don't want to just do the run-around through different orthopedic surgeons (or nuerologists). Again.

I thank you for reading my long post!
Here's to a pain free day,
Kayti

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread