It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
(female)

kimberly48 HB User
limping after thr

first i must say how helpful you all are and how i enjoy getting and reading what you all have gone thru. i am almost 4 weeks out from my thr. i got my cane at 2 weeks and felt really good. i am up and about alot maybe some days 6 or 7 hours. i started vacuming and doing some chores this past week. i do feel stiff at times, my whole leg and limp when i walk without my cane around the house. have any of you expeienced this and i think the stiffness is from my strange sleep positions that on your back is for the birds. i put a huge body pillow between my legs and roll on my side once in a while to give my back a break. i have a temapedic mattress and it is too soft so i rotate between the couch, recliner and my kids beds. siverswan from minneapolis, if you read this i grew up in minnesota and lived in mpls when i went to the u of m. have a great day.
kimberly:

Old 12-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
Re: limping after thr

Hi Kimberly:

Interesting to learn you grew up in MN and lived in MPLS while going to the U. of M. We are expecting our current rain to turn to snow sometimes day. Bet you really miss that, huh?

Maybe you are up on your feet too much? It is still fairly early after your hip replacement. Try getting a little more on-the-bed resting time.

Shirley H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread