It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

Reecy HB User
Question Pain Post 2 years THR

Hello…

I had THR on my right hip in Dec. of 2006 for hip dysphasia. All seemed to go as planned. The problem was the hip still was shaky and somewhat painful when made to hold all of my weight, but I was walking well with out a limp in no time. When winter of 2007 came the thigh began to hurt, I attributed to the weather. I complained to the doctor but he said to give it more time. The pain only got worse. In the spring when the pain was so bad at times the leg could not support my weight, I again complained to the doctor. He now was alarmed. Since then I have had a whole battery of tests.

At first it was thought that it was my back. After years of walking with a deformed hip that was now corrected it was reasoned that things were thrown out of whack. I had an MRI and then had 3 epidermals in 3 separate portions of my lower back, to no avail. I have had the hip aspirated, with no help. I had a complete bone scan which showed everything is as it should be. I was on 50mg’s of Tramadol to help take the edge off the pain since spring, but recently developed acid reflux and had to go off them, now the pain is back with a vengeance.

Specifically the pain runs from the inner thigh to the top front of the knee area and a bit up the outer side, when it is particularly bad it can run down to the top of the foot. I also have pain in the hip area, but it is different from before the surgery. The pain only bothers me when I move or put weight on the leg.

Do to the frustration of continued pain, doctor visits, and financial burden of rising medical bills I have taken a break till January on this issue, and simply live with the pain.

I have read a bit on the board and heard a couple of people mention bursitis. I checked into this, and found that my symptoms don’t coincide with those for bursitis.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Cheri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
(female)

Reecy HB User
Re: Pain Post 2 years THR

Update...

After going for a 2nd opinion, I have been told by this new Dr. that the tip of the stem is loose and this is why I have pain in my thigh. Also he feels that the joint is not working properly and this is why I have pain in the hip again. He wants to do a revision, but I am terribly uncertain and thinking of going for a 3rd opinion.

Reecy

Closed Thread