It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

VenusInPain HB User
Smile Is there hip pillow?

Does anyone know if there is a hip pillow available? That would be just great if it was like a donut and kept pressure off my hip. If not I'm going to cut the center out of one soon. I have no insurance and no doctor and it's just arthritis, but my whole hip and down my thigh bone hurt. I really miss sleeping on that side and now the other side is hurting too. I wish someone would invent a sleep chamber to float in soon. I don't think I have the energy to make one of those though. Have a good day ya'll.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
Re: Is there hip pillow?

Some people recommend a knee/hip pillow--sort of butterfly shaped--that you put between your knees when sleeping on your side. That helped relieve pain on hip when I would sleep on the unaffected side. But, didn't really ease the pain on the affected hip. And of course I traditionally slept on the affected hip. It was hard to switch sides.

What I wound up doing before my surgery is to use a long body pillow and put it between my legs when sleeping then, I'd also put another regular pillow at my lower back, hip level--sort of stuffing it in place to give me a little support in the back area--its hard to explain really but I would up having cushion between the knees and support in the back that eased the pressure on the hip. Of course I got comments from my boyfriend about being in a fortress of pillows....

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
(female)

VenusInPain HB User
Re: Is there hip pillow?

Thanks,
I also use a pillow fortress. I totally understand, lol. I had to double the pillows in one case to make my leg stay perpendicular and not hurt. It's kinda interesting to turn over with it! I have fibromyalgia so I really never have a time when nothing is hurting. The body pillows are nice but they take up so much room it crowded my boyfriend right out of the bed.
Thank you for the response!

Reply Reply