It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
(male)

nashcrusader HB User
Wish me Luck

Right then good people am off into Hospital tommorow (Wednesday) for MY Hip Resurface operation on right hip after loads of false starts and messed up blood tests im going in ...dunno what to expect but will be havin Op on Thurs morn and prob be in hosp for around a week ....see you all when i can come home and sit in this pc chair

Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User
Re: Wish me Luck

Good Luck
Ken

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
(male)

Mannyv8 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Wish me Luck

Best of Luck! You will not regret it. I just had my right hip resurfaced on Monday (Jan. 12) and I've been home since Wed. (Jan 14) afternoon going about my business on crutches with very little pain. Keep us posted on your recovery.
Best
Manny

Old 01-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

so how're you doing nashcrusader?? hope things went well, let us know all the ins and outs, you know how we love to hear all the gory details!

sue

Old 01-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
(male)

nashcrusader HB User

Right folks due to having the op cancelled 3 times since i wrote on here...due to naff blood test, icy weather and to may broken bones so no beds, and sickness and runs virus in ward...Ive just had the call to say its all on for being admitted tommorow in Withybush Hospital Haverfordwest West Wales UK.....mind you still have to ring tommorow at 11.30 am to check theres a bed ...so fingers crossed ....will fill u in when im back home and able to sit at the pc

Old 02-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #6
(male)

nashcrusader HB User

Hi good people first day back on pc after hip resurface and may i say how well the op went even tho i woke up after ten mins on the table ..lol but stayed awake and spoke to surgeon all way through the op and reaped the benefits after the op with no drowsyness or nausea after (even had lunch back on ward ) Am really impressed with the speed in which you become more and more mobile in the days after the op and am now (2 weeks after) going for medium walks with the aid of one crutch. First physio appt is next monday so heres hoping i continue with the spped in which i am . Only downside was because i had previously had a dvt some 18 years ago a lot of notice was taken of my blood and that is being more of a pain than the hip ...just cant seem to get INR level right so its a injection of heparin everyday plus 7.5 mg of warfarin each day until they can stabalise .

Old 02-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

good to hear from you and happy all went well... have fun at PT, if they are like here inthe USA they will work you and want you to "push" yourself - thats a good thing - but know when to stop and rest!
keil

Closed Thread