It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

jjkkee HB User
Question Knee replacement & biking

I am having a TKR Jan 20. I plan to ride in the 5 boro bike tour May 4. Is this a reasonable expectation. The bike ride is a an easy 42 miles with lots of rest stops and only a few hills. It is not a race, just a tour.

Last edited by jjkkee; 01-15-2009 at 06:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
(female)

Mart16 HB UserMart16 HB UserMart16 HB User
Re: Knee replacement & biking

I think it is reasonable to plan on your bike tour. You can't know for sure but biking will probably be part of your rehab. I had a TKR about 3 months ago and PT put me on a stationary bike after a couple of weeks to help with my ROM. Now every PT appt starts with a 15 minute warm up. It's a great help for your ROM and strength building. I have put my bike up on a trainer to use daily at home and it has gone well. I hope this works for you too and you can do your bike tour this spring. Sounds like fun!
Martha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread