It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
(male)

Flea234 HB User
Angry Still in pain 4 mos after TKR surgery-

Hi, I am new to this site and have some experiences that I would like to know if anyone out there who had a total knee replacement is familiar with. I had my surgery on 9/13. As of this date, I am still having alot of pain and discomfort. I did develop an infection (about 3 days after the surgery)which put me back in the hospital for another week. The infectious disease doctor was able to clear the infection with large doses of antibiotics. Thankfully, it was not a staph infection, but a skin infection in the top layers of the skin. Anyway that set me back about two weeks. I did develop a lot of scar tissue and was put back in the hospital for an overnight stay a week before Christmas. They put me under again and did a manulipation to break up the scar tissue. My knee is still swelling and I have alot of pain at night, more so than during the day. The pain travels down into my foot. I am still on pain killers and still going to therapy on a daily basis. I am very discouraged and wondering when I can expect relief from this constant pain. Thank you for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread