It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User
Exclamation Misaligned pelvis causing serious hip and knee problems help!!

Hello all, I tried posting earlier without my success about my hip problems.
I won't go into my inury history now, but I will say that due to some serious injuries in the past I now have a misaligned pelvis and have developed SERIOUS hip/butt and knee pain in my left leg, which used to be my "good leg." It started about 4 months ago as a nagging ache in my butt area, and then progressed slowly down my outer thigh, occasionally feeling numb or icy-hot.
In the past month it has seriously began to affect my knee, My kneecap is really tight and it feels like I am walking totally incorrectly, like my femur is landing awkawrdly on my knee, causing a lot of stress and a weird pull on my knee joint. My knee now also feels swollen and irriated after even a little walking.

I had x-rays done and they appeared normal, the Dr. ordered an MRI but I could not afford it. So he sent me to P.T. and I have only had two sessions, and do not have a diagnosis, but here is what my P.T. said:

i have a misaligned pelvis
right leg is noticibly longer than the left
slight scoliosis

I am doing my stretches and excercies, but can hardly walk and am in serious pain in my knee and hip if I do so for more than a short while. I can't even sit for long cause my butt hurts,...
i cannot work and may have to go on disability-I am only 28!!!

I feel so old and am afraid this will keep me from living my life.
Please help! I can;t walk without serious pain!
I think this is all a result of misalignment, but how do I fix that??

i'm scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Misaligned pelvis causing serious hip and knee problems help!!

You need a lift in your left shoe, see an orthopedist, get an exact measurement of the difference in leg length and take it to a specialty shoe shop that does repairs/orthopedic inserts.

My right leg is an inch or so longer than my left (from juvenile arthritis - causes growth disturbances) a lift significantly improves back and leg pain but the measurement has got to be just right or it'll just throw you off in the other direction!

Closed Thread