It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
(male)

deepakgowder HB User
Cracking sound in my knees

I have cracking or grinding sound in both my knees, more on the right. Am 26 and I have this for quite sometime now. Every time I bend my knees sitting down I get the sound. And my right knee aches a little at times when I run for long or do skipping rope. Would be of great help if I get to know anything about this?

Old 06-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
(female)

gingerweezie HB User
Re: Cracking sound in my knees

I'm looking for a similar reply for myself. Mine's the right knee. It's very "tight" and won't bend completely. It kind of has that feeling like it needs to pop/crack but it won't. It made a louder popping noise this a.m. but doesn't solve the problem. I went on a jog this morning and I have ice on it now, it's "sore". Looks like we both need help. Thanks!

Last edited by gingerweezie; 06-27-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
(female)

macr500 HB User
Cool Re: Cracking sound in my knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakgowder View Post
I have cracking or grinding sound in both my knees, more on the right. Am 26 and I have this for quite sometime now. Every time I bend my knees sitting down I get the sound. And my right knee aches a little at times when I run for long or do skipping rope. Would be of great help if I get to know anything about this?
Sorry to say but it sounds like you have the same problem I had. A torn meniscus. You need to go to a Orthopedic doctor to confirm this. Please don't take my word for it. I did alot of jogging, running when I was younger.Played girl's basketball so the wear and tear on your knees is most likely that. I still have the cracking and grinding (bone on bone) I've been using Glucosamine and Choindroitin and it has helped somewhat.Don't wait till it's too late. Good luck to you. I am now dealing with Arthritis in my knees.

Closed Thread