It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

stressedgirl HB User
part above and around knee cap?

i will describe this as best as possible.

for a couple months now i have a tight full feeling in my left knee right above and around the outside of that kneecap

it is tight to bend and when standing there is a full feeling like soething is in it

there is no pain only when i put pressure on it, not walking or stairs or running

it has not swollen over the months but there is alot of tightness especially when bending and this started out of nowhere

what could this be?

Old 07-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
(female)

toni703 HB User
Re: part above and around knee cap?

Hi StressGirl,
I am a newbie my self, but has had some of you same syptoms as you. I can tell you this the swelling and stiffness is surley a sign that you migh what to see a orth. dr. I went to one had an MRI done and it showed alot of arthritis, bad cartilage, and a cyst in my right knee. To make a long problem short. I tried P.T and that did not work. Ending up getting a cortisteriod shot in my knee, that only lasted about a week. Go back to the doc in July, they say the next step is orth surgery. By the way does your knee give away without warning, and does it pop and crack when you bend it? My suggestions to you is to get checked out and try to see the the drs and find the root of you promblems. I hope this helps you. Be Blessed Toni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Could be a ligament or tendon that is irritated - or even something within the knee joint. If it keeps up you'll want to get a x-ray and consider a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon. Keep in mind that even though their title contains "surgeon" they do other types of treatment as well - so don't think that it means surgery is the only resolution.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
(female)

stressedgirl HB User

actually the last couple of days ive noticed that when i kneel down to bend it wont bend its painful............also when i stand for long times it gets very stiff
and all AROUND the kneecap there are bumps which are squishy

any further ideas?

i know now ill have to get xrays but wat might it be...........i did not do any exercises just cracked it a little once going up stairs but thatsit

i do nothing strenuous

Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
(female)

toni703 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedgirl View Post
actually the last couple of days ive noticed that when i kneel down to bend it wont bend its painful............also when i stand for long times it gets very stiff
and all AROUND the kneecap there are bumps which are squishy

any further ideas?

i know now ill have to get xrays but wat might it be...........i did not do any exercises just cracked it a little once going up stairs but thatsit

i do nothing strenuous
Hi there,
Well the best thing i can think of is first get an appt. with an orthro dr. to see what they say. It sounds like you have some cartilage floating around in your knee. That might be what you are feeling, and they say sometimes it gets stuck in between the joints which makes it hard to bend or straighten your knee normally. Please keep me posted as to how you are doing, and just remember, you are noe ALONE!!! Praying for your recovery in this matter.
Be blessed,
Toni

Old 07-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
(female)

stressedgirl HB User

so if it is cartilage floating aournd, what does this mean exactly and usually how is it treatedd

Old 07-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
(female)

toni703 HB User
Lightbulb Re: part above and around knee cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedgirl View Post
so if it is cartilage floating aournd, what does this mean exactly and usually how is it treatedd
Hi there,
Well this will mean that some of the cartilage that is suppose to be protecting you joints in the knee, have "come lose" for what ever reason (arthritis, etc). An Mri can show up ant problems you are having in your knee. Are you an athelete and how old are you? These things also play a factor in whats going on with you. Like me I am 35 and not atheletic, but I have had a 360 back fusion and I truly believe due to the fact that I could not bend over very well and started doing ALOT of squatting helped with the promblems of my knee. So my advice is get an appt.with your doc and let them know whats going on. They will then determine what treatment would work best for you. Because truly everyone is differnent. I have tried P.T., intinflammatories, and the last thing was a shot to the knee. NOTHING has helped me, so I guess the next step with for the docs to go in and scope it out. I will find out this week at my appt. So keep me posted and I will let you know what going with me. Try to stay Stress free and be blessed!
I truly feel you, Toni

Old 07-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
(female)

stressedgirl HB User
Re: part above and around knee cap/scared?

now a new lump has developed but it is down by my ANKLE...............the doctor said fluid from my knee may have dripped down to my ankle but i don think so?

isnt ankle swelling more a sign of heart/liver/kidney problems?

i have an x ray tomorrow but kind of scared now

Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
(female)

toni703 HB User
Re: part above and around knee cap/scared?

This does not always mean heart, liver, kidney problems. Because the swelling would usually be in both ankles. So it is possible for fluid to drain down and cause swelling in the ankle area. I don't know if a x-ray will show everything up. I know it didn't for me, I had to have an MRI done. Hopefully you will now find the answers that you need. I know how scarery it can be, but keep the faith and know that you are not out here alone. Keep me posted!!
Gods love,
Toni

Closed Thread