It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
(male)

JMJMICH HB User
Question Problem with leg pain from knee to ankle

I have a meniscus tear in my knee, whihc was diagnosed a year ago, but I will not be able to get it operated on for about a year or two.

About four months ago, I started to get pain along the outside of the lower leg, from the knee to the ankle. It seems to be worse if I let the leg hang or put it up, and is reduced somewhat if I stand on it (although it still really hurts).

I suspect this is related to the knee problem but wanted to know if things like a knee brace, or gel soles for my shoes would help?

Thanks.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
(male)

tkp1970 HB User
Re: Problem with leg pain from knee to ankle

I'm have the same issue with pain from my knee to ankle right down the shinbone, mine also is worse if i let my leg hang. Pretty much a contant pain! This all started 2 to 3 weeks after arthroscopy surgery for a tear in my meniscus. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
(male)

JMJMICH HB User
Thumbs up Re: Problem with leg pain from knee to ankle

Hi,

In my particular case, the pain did not follow the shin. I got xrays done and my leg bones and ankle looked fine. Here are two possibilities for you. First, in my case, I had changed how I stood and walked, compensating for the leg with pain. This caused about 80% of my pain. It is taking time to figure out how to change my stride and hold myself differently, but it is starting to reduce the pain, both in how often it happens, and its severity.

Another possibility you might want to check out is that you might have shin splints.

I hope you heal up quickly and God's blessings to you.

Closed Thread