It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
(male)

grumpyme HB User
groin muscle pull after hip resurfacing

anyone out there suffer a groin pull after surgery? i had my hip resurfaced in march, doing extremely well except for this nagging groin pull....went on a med cruise with lots of walking, no issues, back to work full duty....this just wont heal, the therapist tells me 1 year, any ideas?????

Old 07-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
(female)

WindieOne HB User
Re: groin muscle pull after hip resurfacing

I had my hip resurfaced on March 30th and what you describe sounds like what I have... The joint itself feels great but this nagging discomfort in my groin just won't go away. I've started exercising and swimming and still really no difference in the discomfort... I do believe that it's just a matter of time. Remember, in order to keep the hip's ball and neck stem, our hip attachments were stressed much more than with a traditional hip replacement - I figure that they just got over stretched during the surgery and are still trying to figure out where they will be happy in the hip

Are you still having any problems with your knee? I know they twist and turn your leg into all sorts of configurations when they perform the surgery but, since the surgery, I can't bend my knee (on the operated side) enough to squat down and I can't kneel on it either. There is also a noticeable lump on it... Is this another one of those "give it time, it could take up to a year to heal" things?

The following user gives a hug of support to WindieOne:
chappy66 (09-04-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to WindieOne For This Useful Post:
chappy66 (09-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
(male)

dddjim HB User

had a hip replacement in December, the area above the knee was tight for about 2 months and eventually worked itself out. There is alot of stretching and pulling when they do this stuff. Eventually it went away totally after about 90 days. Hope this helps

Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
(female)

Queeneev HB User

Me too....I had a THR 7 weeks ago and have the "nagging discomfort in my groin" (perfect description!). I was told that the hip flexor has a lot to deal with, and this pain is par for the recovery, and it will "dissipate" over time, 6 months or more??

My main concern is that I had a very similar groin pain BEFORE the THR, and was the primary reason I even had the THR (chronic bursitis and tendonitis due to deformed bones and tears), so now I ruminate over whether today's pain is "old pain in a new skin", or just recovery taking place. The doc did say to lay off PT on that area if it hurts, and that it should ease up. If not, he suggested a steroid injection in 30 days.

Good luck to you fellow "groiners". I concur on the ice advice.

Closed Thread