It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Can Chiropractor help with hip pain?

Two years ago, I found out that I have hyperflexible joints. I developed a shoulder impingement resulting in chronic bursitis and tendonitis.

Several months ago, I started having hip pain. I had no apparent triggers for this pain. I suspect it is hip tendonitis. I've been taking anti-inflammatories and icing the hip down.

My question here is: Has anyone found any relief of hip pain by going to a Chiropractor?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
Re: Can Chiropractor help with hip pain?

I found massage therapists to be more helpful that chiropractors--particularly those who practice medical massage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Thank you. I'll look into seeing a massage therapist. My Chiropractor runs a small wellness center that has a couple massage therapists who specialize in different areas.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
(female)

caseyjo1024 HB User

My advice, if money is not an issue, is to seek a Chiropractic office that offers massage as well. The combination of the combined treatments will really help you out. If money is an issue, you may want to opt out on a massage therapist, as that is most likely not going to be covered by insurance. By the way a chiropractor who also does deep tissue muscle work will be able to treat the Brusitis of the shoulder, hip pain, as well as most other joint, bone, or muscle pain you may have. Also, please understand that somtimes hip pain can actually be caused by a missaligned spine, or some other back pain that you may not even notice. Often if you fix the back, the hip will be fixed as well. This may not be true for degenerative (SP?) bone disseases, or a cartalige (SP?) problem, but if you are unaware of the exact hip diagnosis, chiropractic care may really help you out. Just some things to consider, hope this helps.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Saw my Chiropractor today. Found out that my pelvis is tilted forward, throwing my hip out of alignment. He seems to think a few treatments will help significantly. If they don't he said we would look at other options for treatment. I go to a wellness center that also has massage, PT, laser light, decompression, etc...

Closed Thread