It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

chis HB User
Large calcium deposit lateral side of knee????

I was wondering if anyone else has this. Been having pain on the outside of my right knee on the side. Has gotten much worse and went to an ortho thinking it was a pull or meniscus tear. Xray showed golf ball sized calcification. I try to google this and nothing comes up . He said it was rare to have this in the knee. He gave me a shot in deposit that was excruciating. He said I need physical therapy 3x a week and ultrasound treatments to break up the calcium. What did I get this from? How does therapy help to break it up? I bend my leg at all now since he gave me the shot. Please anyone with info on this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Almost full-thickness fissure in knee. Surgeon did lateral release. NEED HELP! ashleylauren23 Knee & Hip Problems 2 11-02-2009 05:39 PM
Strange pain after arthroscopy and lateral release beth193 Knee & Hip Problems 1 07-05-2009 11:05 AM
lateral side of knee bothering me kimberly48 Knee & Hip Problems 0 01-27-2009 02:02 PM
1 week postop scope and lateral release leeann123456 Knee & Hip Problems 1 06-04-2008 06:18 AM
calcium deposit found in ultrasound mamadee810 General Health 1 12-27-2007 09:16 PM