It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
(female)

paonce HB User
Groin Pain after Right Total Hip Replacement 5 weeks ago

Hello:

I had my surgery June 30, 2009, I did not feel much pain in the groin area when I was walking with walker and cane however when I stopped using the cane I am starting to get a pain in the groin area. Its not at all like the pain before surgery however its a bit concerning. The physical therapist told me that this could happen and its normal however when will all the soreness and pain go away from the surgery, I am sure I will have discomfort here and there and that its only close to 5 weeks since the surgery but would greatly appreciate any feedback on this Thanks!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
Re: Groin Pain after Right Total Hip Replacement 5 weeks ago

This may just be a result of your realignment post surgery. Remember Ice is your friend--treat groin area with ice packs and just take it easy, rest when you need to do so. It takes a while to feel back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larimergirl View Post
This may just be a result of your realignment post surgery. Remember Ice is your friend--treat groin area with ice packs and just take it easy, rest when you need to do so. It takes a while to feel back to normal.

Hi pao etc.:

Along with Larimergirl, I think it is still "early days" after your surgery. Hip replacement is major surgery and recovery and rehab take time and patience. This is different for each one of us. Rest a lot and listen to what your body is telling you - don't overdo, for instance. Be active for a while, lie down, then get up and do things again for awhile. Alternate activity with rest. That worked for me but of course we are all individuals.

Shirley H.

Last edited by Silver Swan; 08-03-2009 at 06:10 AM. Reason: typo

Old 02-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
(female)

fibrogirlz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Swan View Post
Hi pao etc.:

Along with Larimergirl, I think it is still "early days" after your surgery. Hip replacement is major surgery and recovery and rehab take time and patience. This is different for each one of us. Rest a lot and listen to what your body is telling you - don't overdo, for instance. Be active for a while, lie down, then get up and do things again for awhile. Alternate activity with rest. That worked for me but of course we are all individuals.

Shirley H.
Hi, everbody
I had surgery on my hip 2-5-10 I was having pain in groin before
the surgery. The dr's said that this surgery should help this pain but 2 day after surgery I started having pain in my groin again ortho dr. said that this was normal but pain started getting worst everyday I am now back to having groin pain thaT keep my pain @a 9.ortho dr. gave me oxycotin to take 1 every 12hrs and oxycodone for any breakthrough pain. I am schedule to have a ct of stomac and pelvic soon due to they say on x ray my bowls were distended. any body have this problem after hip surgery?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User

Dear Fibrogirlz:

You are taking strong pain killers - could it be that you are just plain old constipated? Many of us experience bad constipation after surgery of any kind - it is the result of anesthetics and/or strong pain killers. Is the distended bowel a picture of a bowel packed with feces, maybe? What does the doctor think?

Shirley H.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
(female)

peketzu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pao2ndchance View Post
Hello:

I had my surgery June 30, 2009, I did not feel much pain in the groin area when I was walking with walker and cane however when I stopped using the cane I am starting to get a pain in the groin area. Its not at all like the pain before surgery however its a bit concerning. The physical therapist told me that this could happen and its normal however when will all the soreness and pain go away from the surgery, I am sure I will have discomfort here and there and that its only close to 5 weeks since the surgery but would greatly appreciate any feedback on this Thanks!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
(female)

peketzu HB User

I had surgery on 2/09 and felt groin pain also, it took months to go away. I took inflamatory meds and that helped trememdously overnite with burning sensations in my muscles. After complaiing for months I finally went in for a cortisone shot and was finally relieved of all pain. The shot hurts like crazy but only for a moment. Talk to your Dr about getting this shot.

Closed Thread