It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
(male)

chiefan58 HB User
Knee scope chondroplasty - normal recovery?

I had what was thought to be a torn meniscus, and had surgery 3 weeks ago. When they got in, they found, and I will quote, "significant grade 4 chondral defect to the central portion of the trochlea and also a grade 2 chondral defect to the medial femoral condyle." ACL was normal as was cartilage on the lateral compartment.

They did a chondroplasty to trochlear groove and to medial femoral condyle.

Before surgery, I had planned to be on crutches for about 2 days, and not to miss any work. That changed rather quickly once I was in recoery. They said 4-6 weeks on crutches and off of work. I haven't followed their directions as closely as I know I should. I am an active father with 4 children and am the head football coach for their pop warner team. I haven't used my crutches in over a week, and stopped using them regularily after about 4 days. I continue to have pain in the knee especially at night, while trying to sleep, and when I first wake up.

My knee seems to be ok to walk on, and I haven't even thought about running on it. I can bend it, but it starts to get painful at about 90 degrees. I could not squat on it, or kneel down. When leaving it bent for longer periods of time, it will "pop" when I extend it straight, which usually really hurts. I also have significant muscle pain on my upper leg and thigh.

Just curious if anyone out there has had a similar surgery and what their recovery time was, and how my current symptoms compare. I am starting to get concerned that they are going to have to go back in.

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
(male)

chiefan58 HB User
Re: Knee scope chondroplasty - normal recovery?

Anyone have any ideas?

Closed Thread