It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

fass HB User
Question Hip pain after standing

I've been having my problem every day for about 3 months now. During the first half of the day, any time I stand for more than 5 minutes, I get an annoyingly painful throb/burn type sensation in both of my hips, accompanied by a burning in the tops of my front thighs if I should stand for too long. Walking doesn't ease the pain, and sometimes it makes it worse. After I've been awake 8 hours or so, I can stand/walk without pain, although once a week it'll hurt a little more into the night.

I don't work, I hardly get up except to cook, clean, and the other normal things people do every day. I am overweight (250 pounds), but lost 40 pounds since June (not because of this problem, but because I finally discovered how easy it is to lose weight eating healthily). I had hoped the weight loss would ease my pain, but no luck.

I purchased a pair of diabetic shoes a month and a half ago hoping they would also help my hip pain, but they do not. Hm, the only other pertinant information I can think of is that my hips pop often, but that doesn't hurt. I am also extremely flexible.

Any ideas?

Old 10-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Hip pain after standing

Diabetic neuropathy usually starts in the feet, not the hips so that is not the problem. But the burning pain you describe is indicative of a spine problem. Nerve pain burns. And pain in the front of your thigh means a problem at L2 or 3. The pain typically starts around the hip area and radiates to the front of the thighs. Time to ask your doc about a back problem causing the pain and at least rule it out.

Good going on the diet!!!!!!!!

gentle hugs.................Jenny(have the same thing)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread