It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

beans111 HB User
hip replacement can't do straight leg raises pain

I have the same problem - can't do a straight leg lift and it also hurts to pull foot into the car and lift from a sitting position. Tripping on a dog kills me, as that motion we use to recover balance is a drastic example of the pain. I'm discouraged that I will not find resolution. I've been all over the web trying to find out the cause and this is the only site where the exact problem is described.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
(female)

beans111 HB User
Re: hip replacement can't do straight leg raises pain

Yesterday I discovered it may be Iliopsoas Impingement. If you have these symptoms, Google those words! It may save you from not being diagnosed and treated, because most doctors will miss it since it is rare. Most patients are told that they cannot find a problem, even though there are very distinct symptoms. I see my doctor tomorrow (11-13-09... Friday the 13th! - just noticed that!) and hope it is a lucky find.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
(female)

mabmema HB User

hi there,

I had a total hip replacement on 11/30/09. After a month or two, i started having issues with flexion and pain involving the psoas - (leg lift, putting on pants, getting in and out of car). Have tried pt, pilates, active release therapy, etc. I am beginning to think it is iliopsoas impingment - but cannot reach my doc tor until May 3. Have you resolved your problem - I understand cortisone injections have some success and sometimes surgery is indicated.have you had any successful treatment? any suggestions on what my next step might be? Was your diagnosis confirmed by an xray or mri? Any guidance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
(female)

mabmema HB User

beans,

i hope you received my message - I too believe I have iliopsoas impingement. Did you get successful treatment?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
(male)

Spinner1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabmema View Post
hi there,

I had a total hip replacement on 11/30/09. After a month or two, i started having issues with flexion and pain involving the psoas - (leg lift, putting on pants, getting in and out of car). Have tried pt, pilates, active release therapy, etc. I am beginning to think it is iliopsoas impingment - but cannot reach my doc tor until May 3. Have you resolved your problem - I understand cortisone injections have some success and sometimes surgery is indicated.have you had any successful treatment? any suggestions on what my next step might be? Was your diagnosis confirmed by an xray or mri? Any guidance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
(male)

Spinner1 HB User

Mabmema,

Did you get any relief from your pain? Was it Iliopsoas impingement. I have the same symptoms as Beans. I have an appointment with my surgeon on Feb 9. I'll ask about Iliopsoas. Good Luck to you

Spinner1

Closed Thread