It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

lucybooz HB User
to those with hip problems

i'm having thr on 1/7/10, and now, along with worsening pain, i'm having discomfort in my right rear-end cheek (sorry but i don't know how else to explain it). if i didn't know better, i'd swear it was like the pain i had in the past with my sciatic nerve, only this does not go down the leg. it's like you can't sit certain ways, or get comfortable, because this toothache-like pain is in your butt cheek!!!!! is this common? i read a post from someone whose sciatic nerve was damaged during surgery. i'm having NIGHTMARES about that happening!!!!!

lucy

Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Wink Re: to those with hip problems

Hi Lucy,
I am sorry your in pain but I sure know how you feel. I had a THR last summer and it was wonderful to have no pain after not even from the surgery. Gosh why did I wait so long. I need to have my other hip done also now but not in near as much pain as the other one.
I had pain in my butt like your talking about, I had pain in my knees I was afraid my knees were going but it was due to the hip. Your so out of wack walking and limping you just srcrew up your whole body.
Everything was good after the surgery for me..So try not to worry about it all. The pain is rotten no doubt about it and it only gets worse. So if you can move it up then do it and don't worry about everything else..
I think your insurance will take care of the chair for you in the bathroom. You need to call them and find out. I still have mine up cause of my other hip . It helps a lot.
Make sure you have a good Doc....If you smoke quit now, try and exercise your legs to build them up for surgery. Nothing terrible just move them to get the blood moving. You will fine...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
(female)

lucybooz HB User
Re: to those with hip problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine12 View Post
Hi Lucy,
I am sorry your in pain but I sure know how you feel. I had a THR last summer and it was wonderful to have no pain after not even from the surgery. Gosh why did I wait so long. I need to have my other hip done also now but not in near as much pain as the other one.
I had pain in my butt like your talking about, I had pain in my knees I was afraid my knees were going but it was due to the hip. Your so out of wack walking and limping you just srcrew up your whole body.
Everything was good after the surgery for me..So try not to worry about it all. The pain is rotten no doubt about it and it only gets worse. So if you can move it up then do it and don't worry about everything else..
I think your insurance will take care of the chair for you in the bathroom. You need to call them and find out. I still have mine up cause of my other hip . It helps a lot.
Make sure you have a good Doc....If you smoke quit now, try and exercise your legs to build them up for surgery. Nothing terrible just move them to get the blood moving. You will fine...
you know sunshine, i have the same feeling in my knee!!!!! i thought, good grief - do i need a knee replacement too!!!!! makes sense tho that we favor the parts that don't hurt until they start hurting as well. i called and there are no openings to move my surgery up. it's only several weeks - i think i can hang in there. i don't smoke so i don't have to worry about that. i'm not on medicare or medicaid, will regular blue cross/blue shield help with the toilet seat? i can't wait to get this over with and get my life back!!!!! anyway, thanks for replying to me and you take care.

lucy

Old 11-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Talking Re: to those with hip problems

Hi Lucy,
Yes, I am sure regular insurance will take care of it mine did.
Sorry you can't get it moved up sooner but the time will fly by for you. I for got to mention something in my other pot that may be helpful to you later.

When they give you permission to drive again. Get one of those plastic trash bags, the large one or a bag from the dry cleaners. When you go to get in the car put it on the seat and it will help you slide in and turn much easier. Someone told me that and it was great, I just kept it in the car till I didn't need it any longer.
Good luck with the surgery and stay in touch.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
(female)

Dancing Lady HB User
Re: to those with hip problems

hello Lucy,
Just to update you on my post surgery progress to give you more information on recovery. Today marks day 14 since my thr. I started walking with a cane today under PT guidance. I am doing my exercises twice a day to build up muscle strength. I can easily go up and down a flight stairs using one crutch. Yesterday, I went out for lunch. It was my first outing. It was so great being out. Yes, it was tiring. Currently I am only taking Tylenol for pain. Next week is my final week of home services, VNA and PT. Then I begin outpatient services, which means I can begin driving next week. I hope my surgery progress log helps prepare you for your surgery.
Best of luck!

Closed Thread