Lateral Release scheduled but knees feeling better! Should I cancel surgery?
Hi! I am an active 40 year old female. I have been having knee pain in both knees for about 6 months. It started off sporadic and got downright bad...hurting all the time. I have had several ortho doctor visits. I went to physical therapy for 3 months and still take naprosyn twice a day. It has been 5 weeks or so since I've been to PT. It did not seem to make much difference in pain. I think the Naprosyn did more than anything.Had a MRI ..showed tilted kneecap. Doctor said I'd either get better or not...would need surgery. I scheduled a lateral release on one need for the christmas holidays. I am a teacher and rather than waiting until summer, having two weeks off for Christmas holidays seemed the only time to do it. Now that I've scheduled it...my knees are feeling MUCH better!! Now, I'm wondering if I should go through with it or cancel! Anyone had simlar experience? I don't want to have unneccessary surgery but don't want to cancel and it get bad and wish I had done it!