It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
(male)

parth HB User
Lightbulb need advice for mpfl reconstruction surgery

hy all,

i am to undergo a knee mpfl ligament reconstruction surgery on 19 december 2009.this will be my second surgery and my hopes are really high since i have been doing excercise for the past two years and it has not worked out.
the doctor says that the surgery is like a gamble since not much is known about this surgery and ligament reconstruction,but he assures me that it has a 85% success rate.
im a bit frustated and have given up hope on excercising since i dont feel very stable.but still 85% does not sound very good and im still not sure wether this surgery will solve my problem.(i had a football injury where a boy collided with me and the knee cap slipped inwards)ever since that my knee is not the same.
if there is anyone who has undergone a similar surgery or knows more about this surgery please tell me
maybe we can chat up about this surgery and how it feels to have it

please reply asap

Old 03-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
(female)

MichelleFM HB User
Re: need advice for mpfl reconstruction surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth View Post
hy all,

i am to undergo a knee mpfl ligament reconstruction surgery on 19 december 2009.this will be my second surgery and my hopes are really high since i have been doing excercise for the past two years and it has not worked out.
the doctor says that the surgery is like a gamble since not much is known about this surgery and ligament reconstruction,but he assures me that it has a 85% success rate.
im a bit frustated and have given up hope on excercising since i dont feel very stable.but still 85% does not sound very good and im still not sure wether this surgery will solve my problem.(i had a football injury where a boy collided with me and the knee cap slipped inwards)ever since that my knee is not the same.
if there is anyone who has undergone a similar surgery or knows more about this surgery please tell me
maybe we can chat up about this surgery and how it feels to have it

please reply asap

Hi! Finally I found someone who've had this surgery too. My name is Michelle. I live in the Netherlands and I'm only 17 years old. My knee cap also went outwards while I was playing volleyball. It happend 5 times in the last 4 years... 4 times left knee, 1 time the right one. I had this MPFL surgery just one week ago. The thing is, my doc didn't tell me that this surgery was so special. Afterwards, he told me that he did this surgery at the very most 1 time a year. I was quite angry that he didn't tell me that before. Can you maybe tell me how you experienced it and did it help? I'm trying to train my muscles in this period. I can't lift up my left leg at all Do you have any tips or tricks to train? Thanks in advance. Please contact me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
(female)

MichelleFM HB User

Hi! Finally I found someone who've had this surgery too. My name is Michelle. I live in the Netherlands and I'm only 17 years old. My knee cap also went outwards while I was playing volleyball. It happend 5 times in the last 4 years... 4 times left knee, 1 time the right one. I had this MPFL surgery just one week ago. The thing is, my doc didn't tell me that this surgery was so special. Afterwards, he told me that he did this surgery at the very most 1 time a year. I was quite angry that he didn't tell me that before. Can you maybe tell me how you experienced it and did it help? I'm trying to train my muscles in this period. I can't lift up my left leg at all Do you have any tips or tricks to train? Thanks in advance. Please contact me!

Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 AM   #4
(male)

saeed alawadi HB User

hi i am a football player and i have recurrent dislocation problems same as urs and i have done the mpfl reconstrution with litral release for both knees 7 months ago..i started running but still feeling pain under my pattelas and i dont know if this pain will disappear in the future.. i want to know which month did u reach and how is the pain progress with you guys ??
and thank u relply asap

Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #5
(female)

MichelleFM HB User

Hi Saeed,

It's really a coincendence that you started about the mpfl surgery. I just had a mpfl surgery on my right knee last month! I'm sorry to tell, but with my left knee, I was pain free after 5 months. I started to play volleyball again after 7 months of rehabilitation. I've never had a dislocation nor pain since. 7 months looks quite a long time, but my doctor told me in advance that it could take more than 9 months before I could start playing sports again. At the moment I have some bending problems with my right knee, the pain is bearable, but I can't walk without crutches yet. I hope it will get better with time and that I'll be able to play sports within 6 months. I hope you'll soon be pain free also.

Reply Reply