It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

coastalgardener HB User
Surgery for torn abductor tendon

On Tuesday, December 8, I had open surgery to repair a torn abductor tendon in my left hip. It has been about a week now and I'm still in pain (about 3-4 on the pain scale) and, of course, I have to use crutches to get to the bathroom and to my computer (about the only places I'm going to these days). I was given hydrocodone for pain, and, although I try not to take it every 4 hours, I find it much too uncomfortable to go without it for any longer than 6-8 hours. Is there is anyone out there who has had a similar surgery who can give me any idea about the length of time before I'll begin to see improvement -- or any information about what I can do to speed up my recovery?

Last edited by coastalgardener; 12-15-2009 at 07:24 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to coastalgardener:
vincense (06-23-2011)
Old 11-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

nosevlas HB User
Re: Surgery for torn abductor tendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgardener View Post
On Tuesday, December 8, I had open surgery to repair a torn abductor tendon in my left hip. It has been about a week now and I'm still in pain (about 3-4 on the pain scale) and, of course, I have to use crutches to get to the bathroom and to my computer (about the only places I'm going to these days). I was given hydrocodone for pain, and, although I try not to take it every 4 hours, I find it much too uncomfortable to go without it for any longer than 6-8 hours. Is there is anyone out there who has had a similar surgery who can give me any idea about the length of time before I'll begin to see improvement -- or any information about what I can do to speed up my recovery?
How are you doing now? I just had surgery for a torn abductor tendon also and would love to know how long it took to heal. My surgery was arthroscopic, included bursectomy and some other repairs. thanks, Glee in Calif.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread