It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

lucybooz HB User
staple removal for thr

hi all, had my thr on 1/7 and am well on the mend. i'm making myself sick tho, thinking of the staple removal that is scheduled for this coming tuesday. is there anyway at all this won't be horrible?????

lucy

Old 01-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Re: staple removal for thr

Lucy, I think your a worry wart!!!! Staples are nothing I worried also, little pinches that is all. How was the operation for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
(female)

lucybooz HB User
Re: staple removal for thr

oh sunshine, thank you for that message. i've got LOTS of staples and i couldn't imagine them coming out without hurting....LOTS

my surgery went great!!!!! had it on 1/7 and was home on 1/10. i can't believe how far i've come already. the day after the surgery i wondered if i'd ever walk again!!!!! now i'm rolling all over with my walker!!!!! i'm able to dress myself and wash myself - can't wait for my first shower after the staples come out. i'm able to make dinner (my hubby is right there tho), and i even mopped the floor this morning!!!!! i have a physical therapist coming to the house twice/week and am FAITHFULLY doing ALL of my excercises. i can honestly see a daily improvement. these surgical stocking will NOT be missed once they can be taken off!!!!! a real pain but necessary. i'm sleeping and spending all down-time on my recliner. it's really comfortable and sometimes just the slightest change of position feels soooooooo good!!!!!

again thanks for the info on the staples - guess i'll get thru it.

lucy

Old 01-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Talking Re: staple removal for thr

Lucy,
I am so happy for you, you sound great! I am glad the stuches story helped, they look so nasty don't they? But really isn't bad and then you get your shower whooHooooo!!!!! I was so happy to get a full shower and wash my hair omg I felt like a new person.

Good that you have your therapy twice a week i think I had it once a week not sure now? You get better and better everyday and isn't it wonderful not to have the hip pain?? That in itself is a blessing.
Sleeping is the next hump! But you have the recliner so maybe you do sleep better. I know it was weeks for me before I had a good nites sleep and I was elated one morning when I woke up and it was morning and not the middle of the night!!! LOL Happy for you, I go in this week for my consult I had to xl last week I had a cold! Can't wait!!

Closed Thread