It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
(female)

lumbergirl59 HB User
2 years post bilateral hip replacement-buttock pain

I had my hips replaced two years ago, six weeks apart, and have constantly been experiencing buttock pain on my left side, pretty much, all of the time, but especially after sitting or lying down. It does not matter what type of surface or chair I sit on. It is absolutely horrible, I am only able to sit for about 15 minutes at a time. It is mostly in the lower part of my left buttock and moves down to the top of my leg. Does anyone out there have any insight on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suzy-Q HB User
Re: 2 years post bilateral hip replacement-buttock pain

Hello,
I'm afraid I don't have any great insights for you. But I also have extreme left buttock pain. I don't yet have a definite diagnosis for the cause but my hip is suspect. Docs tell me it is also possible that my piriformis muscle is causing the pain (piriformis syndrome). Also, the sacrioileac joint (SI joint) can cause buttock pain. I'm going to have an exploratory injection/block procedure this Monday, in fact, hoping to tease it out. On MRI my left hip shows only "minimal effusion". One of my docs clearly feels this isn't bad enough to explain my pain and limping. Another of my docs still feels the hip could be the cause. Anyway, that's my story. SQ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

lumbergirl59 HB User
Re: 2 years post bilateral hip replacement-buttock pain

Thanks for the input. It is much appreciated.

Closed Thread