It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
(female)

rkmgkm HB User
Knee pain - also swelling, burning, pain radiating, have severe cramps-calves,thighs

Hi

I woke up one morning with knee pain and had difficulty climbing up and down the stairs then the next day I was limping in one leg. My right leg could not be bent at any angle. I had to keep it striaght. I went to urgent care and the doctor examined and mentioned that it was knee bursitis. He prescribed me prednisone 40 mg tapering 5 mg down each day and some painkillers. After 2 days on prednisone I felt better. I finished my last dose yesterday. Today I am in severe pain. My knee is burning with pain. I feel heat and slight swelling. My other knee is also sensitive now, I have pain in both my legs, my both thighs hurt a lot especially in the front. My right leg pain is worst, having difficulty bending knee, severe cramps in right thigh and calves. Last 48 hours the pain is worst. I feel the pain just below the knee cap, the tendon is swollen and warm.

I feel these symptoms beyond bursitis ? why is it that I am having pain all over my legs with severe pain in my knees. I have trouble sitting/standing/walking more than 5 mins. One interesting thing is I notice my chronic back pain is reduced after developing the knee pain. I also suffer from Fibro and lupus. And doctor said that he would have prescribed anti-inflamatory meds instead of prednisone if I did not have the above dx.

I am so confused and do not understand the pain. I have joint pains, but this is very different and acute. Please help me understand

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
(female)

fussytail HB User
Re: Knee pain - also swelling, burning, pain radiating, have severe cramps-calves,thi

You need to go back to the doctor and tell him your still having problems. If it is buristis I suggest I message and stretching your leg. You may need therapy for a short time to help. The doctor needs to know your not better. It maybe something else. MRI will confirm if there is anything else wrong.

Closed Thread