It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

nosevlas HB User
Gluteus minimus/medius repair

I just had arthroscopic surgery for a ruptured gluteus minimus tendon, bursectomy, and a few other procedures for long-standing hip and leg pain. I am trying to connect with the folks who have been posting about these issues. I had a good surgeon here in Northern California and am hopeful that it will heal and I will be able to sleep and walk comfortably again. Please respond if you have had similar issues! Thanks, Glee S.

The Following User Says Thank You to nosevlas For This Useful Post:
swimbunnie (04-22-2012)
Old 01-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
(female)

belenj HB User
Re: Gluteus minimus/medius repair

Hi there-

I am in search of a good surgeon to repair my torn gluteus medius. Can I ask what surgeon you went to? Do you know of any other additional doctors that you heard are good at this type of surgery? Any info would be helpful!

How is your recovery?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
(female)

SA Wa HB User

I too am looking for a good Orthopedic in Northern CA area who can repair gluteus minimus/and medius.
However, the first Orthopedist I meet with said that the "gluteus minimus" is a muscle that is no longer necessary. Has anyone ever been told this too?
And that my torn medius will heal in time (with no guess as to how long).
Thanks for any input.
SA

Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
(female)

belenj HB User

Well my gluteus medius has been damaged for 13 years so if it hasn't healed by now I don't think it will.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
(female)

marirlpn HB User

Hi, I have a badly torn gluteal minimus. Four weeks ago I had a tenotomy and it seems to have done some good. I am walking better, but still have pain with abduction of my leg and you can't touch that area without causing me a lot of pain. I go back today to see my rheumatologist who did the tenotomy. Hoping I don't have to see a surgeon.

Marianne

Old 09-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
(female)

amarellis HB User

Why did you not have open surgery? I am told my surgeon won't do the arthroscopic on me again. I had it April 1, 2011 and he said too much scar tissue and thickening of tissue. How was our pain after that repair? Did you have to have an anchor or hinges? I have to have them put in. I long to sleep again on that side and walk without pain. Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosevlas View Post
I just had arthroscopic surgery for a ruptured gluteus minimus tendon, bursectomy, and a few other procedures for long-standing hip and leg pain. I am trying to connect with the folks who have been posting about these issues. I had a good surgeon here in Northern California and am hopeful that it will heal and I will be able to sleep and walk comfortably again. Please respond if you have had similar issues! Thanks, Glee S.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
(female)

amarellis HB User

I had the surgery Oct. 4, 2011 and it has been a week. I had open hip surgery. The tendons were sewn together and an anchor was put in with hinges. I had a spinal and heavy sedation. I woke up with no pain but hours later extreme pain that even morphine didn't help. Finally percocet worked. Two days in the hospital. ( ins. Co's consider this DAY surgery!!! Morons!!! I am home in bed and on percocet still. Pain is pretty fierce . Doctor says 8-12 week recovery. I have a 6" incision and inside stitches with anchor stitches on end. I pray this worked! Only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarellis View Post
Why did you not have open surgery? I am told my surgeon won't do the arthroscopic on me again. I had it April 1, 2011 and he said too much scar tissue and thickening of tissue. How was our pain after that repair? Did you have to have an anchor or hinges? I have to have them put in. I long to sleep again on that side and walk without pain. Barbie

Old 12-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #8
(female)

piegal HB User

I am scheduled for a gluteus minimus repair and bursectomy in two weeks. I'd be interested to hear from you since it appears you may have had a similar surgery. Do I expect a lot of pain afterward and how long until the pain eases up. How are you doing now and are you glad you had the surgery?

Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
(female)

piegal HB User

I just had a gluteus medius repair with bursectomy 10 days ago. The post surgery pain was severe. The pain is now abated to an occasional # 4 and is often #1or#2 level. The worst part is that I am to be non weight-bearing on that leg for 6 weeks. I am hopping around with a walker and having shoulder pain due to the extra strain. I'm only able to lay flat on my back when in bed because of increased pain. So ready for a change in my life style and hoping it will come.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
(female)

elginacres HB Userelginacres HB User

I have been diagnosed with a tear of the right gluteus minimus tendon. I will be having surgery to repair it. I am curious to hear about the recovery time and troubles that anyone has had.

Thanks

Last edited by elginacres; 04-16-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #11
(female)

I had my surgery to repair the torn gluteus minimus tendom and some labral abrasions 10 days ago or so. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went. I have to give credit to the excellent surgeon I had here in Colorado. The pain has been far less than I feared. I had a partial open repair the incisions are healing well.

I have about 2 more weeks on crutches (with no driving as it was my right hip). I start PT this week and hope to be fully able to resume all activities by late July.

The Following User Says Thank You to elginacres For This Useful Post:
Iota (08-05-2012)
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
(male)

jimm87 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elginacres View Post
I had my surgery to repair the torn gluteus minimus tendom and some labral abrasions 10 days ago or so. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went. I have to give credit to the excellent surgeon I had here in Colorado. The pain has been far less than I feared. I had a partial open repair the incisions are healing well.

I have about 2 more weeks on crutches (with no driving as it was my right hip). I start PT this week and hope to be fully able to resume all activities by late July.

Hi, I was wondering who did your surgery? I'm having similar problems. Thanks.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #13
(female)

I'm in the Denver area. My surgeon was David Schneider with Cornerstone Orthopedics. They are located at either Avista Hospital in Louisville or Lutheran Hospital in Lakewood.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to elginacres For This Useful Post:
jimm87 (05-22-2012)
Closed Thread