It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

merissa HB User
random knee pain. Please help!

About a year ago I started getting this completely random knee pain. In the middle of the night and during the day. At first I thought it was just from standing on it too long.. but then I started to get it in the middle of the night too.. It is my left knee and it hurts right above the patella on the upper left side (if you are looking at my knee). Im thinking it must have something to do with muscle/tendons? When this pain comes on I can be doing absolutely nothing or walking its different all the time so im not sure what triggers it..I am only 19 years old and do not have health insurance (which is why i havnt seen a doctor) It does look a little swollen when I have the pain. Once I feel this random pain coming on I just take 2 ibuprofin and the pain goes right away.. (so something must be inflammed?) If i do not take the ibuprofin right away the pain will become very strong and bring me to tears. I used to be a line cook and was standing all day long so I think that may have been the onset? but im not sure. I was not in any sports when this pain started and I have no health history at all. Never had a fracture or injury etc. Not sure if excersizes/ a brace/ or anything in particular would help.. I have tried doing some exercises and they do not seem to help. please give me any advice/help you can. Thanks alot!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread