It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
(male)

neeboy HB User
Pain under kneecap when standing up from seated position

I am having pain in my left knee; it presents when standing/straightening out the leg after having been seated with the leg bent normally for about 30 minutes; it does not matter if I am resting my foot on the ground or not. This problemhas only presented itself in my left knee. It happens everytime after having been seated for 30 minutes & then standing up.

More specifically, If I stand or straighten the leg while seated, I have pain under the kneecap for a minute or two. It does not affect me in the morning when waking and getting out of bed. Also, I can walk/run/do everything completely "normal" after the initial period of discomfort. I believe that light jogging on a treadmill is what brought this on. I am slightly overweight and trying to lose weight/gain strength with cardio and weightlifting.

Can anyone offer any constructive advice before I go see a doctor/physical therapist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread