It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

AStudentAlways HB User
Severe Pressure In Knee

Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can find some ideas on what's going on with my knee before making the attempt to spend money on what I'm sure will end up requiring tests on top of the examination. I do not have insurance, so at the moment I always spend out of pocket for medical care, and thankfully, I hardly ever get sick (knock on wood), but I know with what my complaints are with the knee, there will be some type of film ordered most likely. So with that said, I'm looking for some ideas on what the problem is and then cross my fingers that it's something I can just handle at home.

For the past few weeks I've had very strong, severe pressure in my knee. The best way I can describe it, is like dropping a few sandbags on your knee and letting it just rest there. The pressure is constant, however, here is the kicker... there is NO swelling, and the only pain I have felt has occurred on occassion when I bend my knee, and it will 9 out of 10 times occur if I have sat too long and then try to stand up -- the knee feels very stiff and I feel like I have to almost force it to really try to straighten out and that brings some pain.

Otherwise there is no constant pain at all in my knee, and I do have a high pain tolerance, but I still wouldn't classify the pain as being anything really alarming. However, the pressure is severe and is really quite baffling to me.

In the past few days I have begun to experience buckling at the knee; which wasn't occurring before. Sometimes it has occurred while just simply standing for a long period of time, and other times it has happened when just simply taking a step forward and the knee suddenly buckles.

I have had friends say that maybe it's just the cold weather, I've had others suggest it may be because I do have a bad back, and I do have a tendency to shift slightly to my right when my back begins to give me trouble as that seems to alleviate my back pain sometimes. And I always shift to the right, and it IS the right knee that's giving me the problem.

Other than that... I'm baffled, and don't have a clue.

I'm hoping someone else has heard of this, or has experienced it, or knows someone that has. I have been searching on the net, and I've been coming coming up empty -- as many of the search results always came back with the inclusion of swelling being a primary factor of the pressure, and there has never been in swelling since this has begun.

I appreciate the help, in advance!

Thanks, guys!
Pru

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Severe Pressure In Knee

Okay, I can't tell you exactly what's wrong, the symptoms are just too vague. It could be as simple as a tight muscle in your hip. It could be a pinched nerve in your back, it could be a cartilage problem in your knee.

It's possible that there is swelling inside the joint, under the kneecap, that you just can't see. That might explain the tight feeling.

Try icing it and stretching your leg and hip frequently. If that doesn't resolve the pain, it'll take medical treatment.

Closed Thread