It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
(male)

v1nch HB User
Swollen knee, can't bend it

Hello,
for the past 2-3 weeks I've had a small amount of pain when my knee was bent around 100 degrees. It wasn't bad and didn't really affect my lifestyle so I didn't complain about it, thought it would get fixed with some sport. I started playing volleyball and about 5 days ago, I started feeling pressure in me knee when I would just bend my knee (starting at like 150 degrees).

Yesterday my knee started swelling and the pain got a lot worse. I can barely drive my car, I called health info to know if I should go to the hospital and they said I should apply ice, grab a few ibuprofen and wait it out a few days. The problem is I feel like something is broken in my knee, the pressure is really intense when I slightly flex me knee and I'm afraid that I won't be able to drive my car if I wait it out any longer...
Thank you for your help

Old 05-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Swollen knee, can't bend it

I know the health system is different in Canada but do you have anything like what we call Urgent Care Center? It's not a hospital emergency room but more of a place for urgent needs (I went there upon ligament tear in my ankle). Can you tell them you have done the anti inflammatories, rest, elevation and ice with no success and get screened somehow?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
(male)

v1nch HB User

Ty for the reply;

you mean like a health clinic? We have those but they are closed on the weekends, so my
options are the hospital emergencies or wait it out until monday.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Our Urgent Care Centers are generally open 7 days a week but not 24 hr a day. Sometimes 12 hr/day. They are meant for sprains, strains, flu, etc.

If it just happened do the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) and then get in on Monday. If you have someone who can get an ace bandage for you that may help. when I tore my knee meniscus I waiting out the weekend too using the RICE method.

But if you can't put any weight on it and are in severe pain then consider emergency care. Some hospitals in the US now have a way to go online to their website to see the wait times for various emergency rooms. Not sure if you have anything like that and if you have to choose a specific emergency room.

Last edited by SpineAZ; 05-13-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
(male)

v1nch HB User

Alright thanks for your time

Old 06-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User

Just wondering how it turned out...???

Closed Thread