It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

zakia103 HB User
Total Hip Replacement-Pain after 1 year

Hi-I'm new here & thought I'd ask for anyone who may have similar issues. I had a total hip replacement exactly 1 year ago. I fell on ice in 2008 & slipped discs in my lower back & tore the labrum in the right hip, which forced me to having the right hip replacement. I've had some relief from the extreme pain in the replaced hip, but I thought things would be much better by now. I cannot climb steps, limp when walking and have pain in the upper thigh, buttock and outer hip area. I also get stabbing pains in the groin area & upper right side, plus tingling & some pain right down to my toes. Could this be scar tissue causing the pain & tingling?

I was also diagnosed with nerve damage in the left leg, plus the disc problems don't help my constant, day to day pain in my back and BOTH hips
I am a bit worried about my hip replacement. I'm 53 years old & try to be as active as the pain will permit. I do use pain meds, celebrex, heat, ice, etc. I can't do PT anymore since I've lost my medical insurance & also can't see doctor for follow up without insurance.
I'm in a bad situation with this at the present time without insurance, so if anyone has any suggestions on other pain relief ideas, that would be so appreciated.
Thanks for listening & looking forward to any replies! Kathleen

Old 07-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

Irish59 HB UserIrish59 HB User
Re: Total Hip Replacement-Pain after 1 year

Hi Zakia103
I also have groin pain that radiates across my upper thigh 1.5 yrs after THR and the intensity and severity of the pain has increased. I am very concerned about this and concerned about losing my job if I have to take time off again since I just went back to work in May after six months on disability I have been in and out of work and on and off disability since 2008 and have had 4 major surgeries in that time. Bilateral hip replacements from Avascular Necrosis, Lumbar fusion, and a rotator cuff repair. So far no answers from the Dr as to the reason for the groin pain.

Hope your feeling a little better.
Irish59

The Following User Says Thank You to Irish59 For This Useful Post:
goodman33 (09-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread