It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
(male)

rlm6m HB User
exercise with medial compression brace

Hello! I've recently begun wearing a Solus medial compression brace for my oa. I have almost no cartilage on the inside of my right joint, and only a bit on the outside. Although I could replace the knee today, I chose to try this brace to alleviate pain and allow me to strengthen the knee before surgery. Is anyone familiar with this type of brace, and also, are there specific, more appropriate exercises to strengthen a knee before replacement? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: exercise with medial compression brace

Your best bet is to see a physical therapist to discuss the appropriate exercise options.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
(female)

nana b HB Usernana b HB Usernana b HB User

does it help. I am trying to exercise (in pain) with repaired torn cartilidge on my left knee and almost no cartilidge in right knee. which dr says needs TKR. Where did you find the brace and are you getting any relief. I am trying to put off the TKR.
thanks for your help

Old 06-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
(male)

rlm6m HB User

I was given this brace by my dr. His price was 2k, my adj price from my ins was 1k. I've seen it online for $560. It seems to help with the pain as I walk, but I've been shifting my weight away from this leg. I need to see a PT ASAP!

Old 06-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #5
(male)

rlm6m HB User

Also, I've heard of (from a non-medical source) a technique in Japan that allows regrowth or regeneration of cartilage if a single cell is present. Apparently, the process is like an MRI, in that you sit in a machine for an hour or two, and presto you have additional cartilage when you finish. Has anyone else heard of this procedure?

Closed Thread